How do I return an item?
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase from RockingHorse.com, you can return your item(s) for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. (Returns must be unworn, in the state you received them, and in the original packaging.)
In order to return an item, you must obtain a RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (RMA) NUMBER. To obtain a return authorization number, please either email us or call customer service at 888.523.2823 during business hours (10am - 6pm EST).
Once you receive your RMA number, please include your RMA number with your returned items and send the package to:
Attention: Returns Dept
84 Parker Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08609
Please return your item(s) using a shipping service that provides you with a tracking number (such as UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc) so you can keep track of your return.
Once we receive and process your return, we will refund your credit card for the full product amount. (NOTE: we do not refund or credit shipping charges. Shipping charges are the customer's responsibility).
How does shipping charges work with exchanges or returns?
If returning an item to our warehouse (whether it is a return or an exchange for another item), it is the customer's responsibility to pay the return shipping charges. Feel free to use whichever shipping method you prefer to send returned items back to us (see NOTE below).
(NOTE: For shipping items back to us, we do recommend that you take advantage of a mail carrier's (UPS, Postal Service, FedEx, etc) "delivery confirmation" feature. This will allow you to easily track your return and make sure that it gets delivered to our address. Although most returns do successfully make it back to us, you should be realistic and realize that mail carriers (UPS, Postal Service, FedEx, etc) do occasionally make mistakes and may lose/mis-ship a package. In the rare event of a mistake occurring, you want to be able to track your package to see where it ends up at. RockingHorse.com cannot be responsible for a returned item that was lost/mis-shipped in the mailing process. Once again, for this reason we do recommend that you use a "delivery confirmation" feature when sending back an item.)
How long do I have to return an item?
All returns/exchanges must be received by our returns department within 30 days of receiving your order.
(NOTE: Our manufacturers enforce a strict 30-day return policy with all garments. Therefore, we cannot issue any return authorization numbers if you attempt to return an item after the 30-day period. We do value your business and will always try to assist our customers in every way possible; however, the implementation of the 30-day return policy is something that we, as a company, cannot get around. We hope that you enjoy your formal wear purchase and trust that if you do need a return/exchange, you will be sure to keep the 30-day return policy in mind. Once again we find it important to stress that if the 30-day return period ellapses, we will not be able to issue a return authorization number.)
How long does it take for me to receive my refund?
It may take 4-5 business days for your return to reach our RockingHorse.com Fullfilment Center. Once it is received and inspected, your refund will be processed and automatically applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Although this process normally takes less than a week, please allow up to 10 days for us to fully process your return. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.
I already wore an item to an affair, but now I don't think I want it anymore. Can I return it?
No. We will not accept returns on items that have been worn or altered in any way. Tags must still be intact and items must remain in their original packaging.
I need to exchange an item for a different size or style. Will you send the new size/style out to me immediately or do you first wait to receive my original item before sending out the new exchanged item?
Exchanges are handled as new orders. For this reason, we will process and ship your new order immediately. We will not wait for your return items before processing your new order. Once we then receive your returned items, we will apply the refund back to your credit card for the items from the initial order.
I ordered a package deal, but I want to keep some of it and return the other part of it. Can I do this?
Yes, you may keep and return whatever you wish. However, please keep in mind that because the item(s) were part of a discounted package deal, we will need to adjust the pricing for those item(s) you are keeping to match their respective individual prices on our site. You will be refunded the difference.
I see that you had an item shipped to me directly from the manufacturer's warheouse. If I need to return it, do I send it back to the manufacturer's address which is on the box or do I send the package back to the RockingHorse.com address?
Very important -- you must send it back to our warehouse, not the manufacturer's warehouse. Our address is:
Attention: Returns Department
84 Parker Ave
Trenton, NJ 08609
NOTE: If you return an item directly back to the manufacturer (instead of back to RockingHorse.com), there is a good chance that we will have no record of the item being returned. If this occurs, we cannot be held responsible for the returned item(s).
Will I be charged a restocking fee for returning or exchanging an unworn/unopened item?
No. You will not be charged a restocking fee for returning an unworn/unopened item. All tags and packaging material must remain in intact. Please refer to the guidelines below to confirm that your unworn/unaltered item(s) is/are in returnable condition.
Acceptance Guidelines -- Returns / Restocking Fees:
- Suits / Coats
- Manufacturer tag is included on each suit / coat. A suit / coat cannot be returned if the tag is removed. 100% money back refund for returned product when returned properly.
- Manufacturer tag is included on each trouser. A trouser cannot be returned if the tag is removed. 100% money back refund for returned product when returned properly.
- Vests / Neckwear / Cummerbunds
- Manufacturer tags and packing must be intact. Some manufacturers include vests/neckwear in boxes; others include them in bags. Please return in the same packaging included with initial order. 100% money back refund for returned product when returned properly.
- Shirts tend to be the only item which may incur a restocking fee. To receive a full refund on a shirt, the shirt must be unopened. (NOTE: We can only resell "unopened" shirts to another customer. If a shirt has already been opened (even if it was to just try on and then you attempt to put the shirt back in its bag), we cannot resell the shirt as a "new" shirt. Packaging is part of a product; once a shirt is opened, it is almost impossible to fold it correctly and place the pins back where they were giving the shirt the same appearance as when it was unopened and factory-packaged.) For this reason, we will not be able to include an opened shirt back in our "new" inventory. If you have already opened the shirt to try on, we will still accept the (unworn/but opened) shirt from you so you do not have to absorb the full cost of the shirt; however, you will incur a restocking fee for the opened shirt. Opened returned shirts under $79 will be charged a 20% restocking fee; opened returned shirts $79 or higher will be charged a 30% restocking fee. (NOTE: if returned "unopened", a 100% money back refund for returned product when returned properly.)
- Most jewelry sets are included in designer jewelry boxes; some jewelry items are only included in a small bag. Jewelry must be returned in its original packaging. 100% money back refund for returned product when returned properly.
- Shoe boxes must be shipped back with the shoes. (Important note: Please do not simply tape up the shoe box and paste a few stamps on the shoe box. The shoe box is part of the packaging.) When you initially received your shoes, the shoe box was placed in another separate cardboard box. Please be courteous and ship back both the shoes and the shoe box inside another cardboard box. Defacing of the shoe box will incur a 30% restocking fee. (NOTE: if returned properly, you will receive a 100% money back refund for returned product).